1. Other Country/Region-Specific Notices
2. What Personal Information Do We Collect?
- Information You Provide. We receive and store information you enter. For example, when you search for or buy a product or service, or when you supply information such as your address, phone number or credit card. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of some of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our website, and communicating with you. In addition, if you choose to do so in the “opt-in/opt-out” section of our website, we may share your information with other companies who provide goods or services that you are interested in.
- Other Information: Every computer has an IP (Internet Protocol) address. IP addresses of computers used to visit this site are noted. In addition, we automatically collect other information such as email addresses, browser types, operating systems, and the URL addresses of sites clicked to and from this site.
- Information from Other Sources. We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. This may include updated delivery and address information from our shippers or other sources so that we can correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily.
3. How Do We Use Your Information?
- Customized Shopping. We use your information to better serve you by providing a customized shopping experience. As noted above, you may “opt-out” of this customization, or even visit and shop anonymously.
- Agents. We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf and to assist us in the performance of services. Examples include delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, and processing credit card payments. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Special Offers. We may send you special offers from time to time, unless you choose to “opt-out” of receiving such offers. In addition, we may also send you special offers from other companies. Again, you may “opt-out”. If we send you offers from other businesses, we do not share your personal information with them. The offers come directly through us. Please see the “opt-in/opt-out” selection at the end of this policy.
- Marketing. We may include your name in a list of customers that we use to market and promote our products and services.
- Business Transfers. As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores or assets. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets. Also, in the y event that we are acquired, customer information will be one of the transferred assets.
- Law Enforcement. If we receive a lawful court order to release account or other personal information then we will comply with the law. If we receive a request from law enforcement authorities to release account or other personal information then we will comply with the request. We will also release information when necessary to protect the life, safety, or property of any person or organization, including Typhoon Tools. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Our website is currently hosted on servers located within the United States; but the locations of our servers may change from time-to-time. Your personal information may be stored on servers located within the United States or in another country.
- BY SUBMITTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO US, YOU ARE CONSENTING TO THE PROCESSING AND STORAGE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IN THE UNITED STATES OR IN ANY OTHER COUNTRY IN THE WORLD.
5. How Do We Protect the Security of Your Information?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We use encryption to protect your information contained in our customer list.
- We use a firewall to protect against unlawful intrusion.
- We limit access to your information on a “need to know” basis.
- We reveal only the last five digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
- No system can guarantee absolute security. However, we take reasonable precautions to try to assure that your data is secure.
We do not sell products or services to children. If you are under 18, you may use this site only with involvement of a parent or guardian.
7. Other Websites
8. Contact Us
9. European Economic Area Countries-Specific Privacy Notices
- Notice. We collect personal information for the purposes listed above under the heading “What Personal Information Do We Collect?” and “How Do We Use Your Information?” We may share personal information with the third parties listed above under the heading “How Do We Use Your Information?” and “Processing.” European Economic Area (“EEA”) based customers may contact us as provided below under the heading “Access and Correction of your Personal Information.” We offer EEA based customers certain rights with regard to the use of personal information as listed above under the heading listed below under “Choice.”
- Choice. We give our EEA based customers the opportunity to opt out from allowing us to disclose their personal information to a third party or to use it for a purpose incompatible with the purpose for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized. To opt out, please notify us by mail addressed to P.O. BOX 220, Dodge Center, Minnesota 55927 U.S.A., or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. To the extent we collect any sensitive information – such as data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership and information concerning health or sex life – we will not share such information with a third party or use it for a purpose other than its original or subsequently authorized purpose unless specifically authorized by the individual. If you opt out from allowing to us use or disclose your personal information to third parties in connection with our provision of services, we may not be able to provide the services for which you have contracted. Neither we nor our representatives or affiliates shall have any liability to you or those for whom you are acting in the event you exercise your rights to opt out and we cannot provide you the services you requested.
- Onward Transfers (Transfer to Third Parties). We may share personal information with the third parties listed above under the heading “How Do We Use Your Information?” We may transfer personal information to a third party acting as an agent for us by either: (1) having the third party enter into an agreement with us in which the third party promises to provide the same level of protection as required by the Safe Harbor Principles; or (2) ensuring that the third party subscribes to the Safe Harbor Principles, is otherwise subject to the EU Data Protection Directive (95/46/EC) or is subject to data privacy laws deemed adequate by EEA data protection regulators.
- Access and Correction of Your Personal Information. Upon Request, we will provide EEA based customers with reasonable access to personal information that we hold about them and will take reasonable steps to permit them to correct, amend, or delete any personal information which is inaccurate or incomplete. An EEA based customer who wants to have access to his or her personal information may provide a written request by mail addressed P.O. BOX 220, Dodge Center, Minnesota 55927 U.S.A., or by e-mail at email@example.com.
- Security. We take reasonable precautions to protect personal information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
- Data Integrity. We do not use personal information in a way that is not relevant to the purposes for which it has been collected or subsequently authorized by the individual. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that data is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete and current.
- Enforcement. If a complaint regarding our use of personal information is raised by an EEA based customer, we will investigate and try to resolve any such dispute. An EEA based customer who wants to submit a complaint may send notice to us by mail addressed to P.O. BOX 220, Dodge Center, Minnesota 55927 U.S.A., or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. We agree to handle any unresolved disputes involving the use or transfer of personal information in accordance with JAMS dispute resolution procedures applicable to international disputes, which are available for review at www.jamsadr.com. Except as otherwise provided, dispute resolution for all other individuals shall be in accordance with applicable law.
- BY ACCESSING ANY OF OUR WEBSITES FROM A COUNTRY IN THE EEA AND SUBMITTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO US, OR BY SUBMITTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO OUR REPRESENTATIVES OR AFFILIATES WHO PROVIDE IT TO US FOR PROCESSING, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU ARE CONSENTING TO THE TRANSFER OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION OUT OF THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA AND FURTHER CONSENTING TO THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IN THE UNITED STATES OR IN ANY OTHER COUNTRY OUTSIDE THE EEA.